Best Martin Luther King Jr. Instagram captions:
Whenever we think about Civil Rights Activist, the first name which comes in our mind is Dr. King. He fight not for himself but for the generations which are coming in the future. He thinks that right to equality is for everyone.
He was born on 15 January 1929 in Atlanta, Georgia his name at birth is Michael King. His father also named Michael, changed to both their to Martin Luther in honor of the world renowned German reformer of the same name. He was the middle child, he has one older sister named Willie Christine and one younger brother named Alfred Daniel Williams. He married to Coretta Scott and had 4 children.
Martin Luther King Jr. was an American preacher, humanitarian and activist who is best known for his work in African-American Civil Rights Movement of the 1950’s and 1960’s. He used the power of his words as well as peaceful demonstrations such as protests, sit-ins and boycotts in an effort to achieve equality to all people. M.L.K is true American Hero.
He headed the Montgomery Bus Boycott, there was a boycott of city buses for 380 days. It creates a great impact and the Supreme Court says that racial segregation in transportation is unconstitutional.
After that Martin and roughly other 60 ministers and activists founded the Southern Christian Leadership Conference.
Dr. King was the president and aim of this group is to conduct non-violence protests across the South to promote Civil Rights Reform.
He was successful to grab the national attention for the injustice which the black people were facing in Alabama. There he wrote the famous “Letter from a Birmingham Jail” after being arrested again for his participation in the demonstrations.
Dr. King was one of the driving forces behind The March for Jobs and Freedom more commonly known as “The March on Washington”. Around 250,000 people of different races gathered at the National Mall at Washington D.C demanding justice and equality for all people.
Here M.L.K made his famous ” I have a dream” speech delivered from the steps of Lincoln Memorial. He was the man behind the voting rights granted to African-American through 15 Amendment.
M.L.K changed the course of American history. He worked tirelessly to ensure that all people regardless of race, religion or national origin had equal opportunities to live their lives without fear, violence and discrimination. He is regarded as the Greatest Human Rights Advocate.
In the year 1983, President Reagan signed a bill creating federal holiday honoring Martin. The holiday observed on the 3rd Monday of January each year is called Martin Luther King Jr. Day or M.L.K day.
In 2000, it was officially observed by all 50 states for the first time.
To show your tribute to this great man we have made a list of the 51+ Best Martin Luther King Jr. Instagram captions.
So let’s get started.
Best Martin Luther King Jr. Instagram Captions:
- We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose hope.
- Let freedom ring.
- Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is an constant attitude.
- Life’s most urgent and persistent question ” what are you doing for others”.
- Courage is the power of the mind to overcome fear.
- Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.
- I have a dream.
- We must live together as brothers and perish together as fools.
- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matters.
- In the end, we will never remember the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends.
- The surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others.
- …we’re all caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny.
- The time is always right to do the right things.
- Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.
- Faith is taking first step when you don’t see the whole staircase.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
- We must speak with all the humility that is appropriate to our limited vision, but we must speak.
- Keep the dream alive.
- We must use time creatively, in the knowledge that the time is always ripe to do right.
Inspirational Insta Captions For Martin Luther King Jr. Day:
- You can kill the dreamer but you can’t kill the dream.
- Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
- Courage is an inner resolution to go forward despite obstacles.
- Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive that goal.
- If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl. But whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.
- There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us.
- A man who won’t die for something is not fit to live.
- Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.
- True peace is not merely absence of tension, it is the presence of justice.
- We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.
- Character is how you treat others who can do nothing for you.
- We are not the makers of history, we are made by the history.
- The quality not the longevity, of one’s life is what is important.
- Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.
- You don’t need to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
- Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle.
- For the hour is late. The clock of destiny is ticking out, and we must act now before it is too late.
Great Insta captions for M.L.K Day :
- I will hate no man for I will give no man that power over me.
- We need leaders not in love with money but in love with justice, not in love with publicity but in love with humanity.
- A man can’t ride your back unless it is bent.
- I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
- Education without moral is like a ship without compass, merely wandering nowhere.
- If I cannot do great things then I can do small things in a great way.
- No person has the right to rain on your dreams.
- I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
- A right delayed is a right denied.
- Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.
- Everybody can be great. Because anybody can serve.
- Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom from drinking a cup bitterness and hatred.
- Intelligence plus character, that’s the goal of true education.
- When you are right you cannot be too radical, when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative.
- Peace is more precious than diamonds or silver or gold.
- We ain’t gone let nobody turn us around.
Liberty of Statue Instagram Captions
Black Girl Instagram Captions
Golden Hour Captions
Brooklyn Bridge Instagram Captions